GDC is over, and it was fairly awesome. I'll have a quick "thoughts on GDC" post later, but I wanted to get the information for the GCS panel I participated in up as soon as possible.
GDC did not record this panel this year, but thankfully, we have a fairly good unofficial recording of the panel thanks to Jeremiah Ingham. (sssshhh, don't tell GDC)
You can also just download the file, if you'd like.
The only real resources we recommended this year were at the end, where I asked each of the panelists recommended a book, and here they are:
- Johnneman's Suggestion: Gödel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid
- Brett's Suggestion: Elements of Style
- Jeff's Suggestion: Code: The Hidden Language of Computer Hardware and Software
- Anna's Suggestion: Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software
- Mike's Suggestion (which got cut off right at the end): PowerPC Compiler Writer's Guide
If you have other questions of the panelists, please feel free to ping us on twitter. We're all pretty approachable (especially if we can respond in 140 characters or less).